Rules for Feeding the Stash

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

FO: Watermelon Socks

Two fruity, woolly, bundles of fun.


These socks went everywhere:



I can't remember the last time I had this much fun knitting a pair of socks. They were by far the most popular bar/choir knitting I've had in a long time.  I love how bright and clean the colors are.


I usually don't bother cutting my yarn so that self striping socks match, because I really don't care that much.  But I did try to start the second sock at the same point in the yarn as the first, since these are for someone else.  And if I only knit one pair of perfectly matched striped socks in my life, at least they're watermelons.  I ended up being off by about half a round or so, I think, which is pretty darn good.


Hopefully their recipient is as charmed by them as I am!

Pattern: Sock Recipe, by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Needles: US2 Boye DPNs

No comments:

Post a Comment