Rules for Feeding the Stash

Monday, July 14, 2014

Busy Busy Busy

I'm back, lovelies.  It's been a crazy week, and I'm going to be pretty busy for the rest of the month, but I wanted to share some things with you.

I went to my friend's wedding this past weekend, and it was so great to see most of my favorite people all together in one place.  At the reception there was a zip line, and a campfire, and hatchet throwing, and all sorts of fun stuff (and no one got hurt!).  We all got killed by mosquitoes, but it was worth it.  Heartmate was finished and blocked with time to spare, and you'll get pictures soon.

I brought the baby blanket and Mottled Daydream to knit on the bus, and I got a few rows done on the baby blanket before Mottled Daydream took over my life.  Alas, it was not meant to be.  This shawl is cursed and I will have to put the Jade Sapphire Mongolian Cashmere away for a little bit before I can decide what to do with it.  (I still maintain that the pattern is lovely, and I do want to knit it, but clearly it is not meant to be with this yarn.  For some reason, it's jinxed right now.)
Of course, I found a yarn store in the same town as the wedding.  I behaved very well, I think (it helped that there was a huge sale and everything was at least 25% off).  I got 5 skeins of Plymouth Yarn Baby Alpaca Worsted, for a future Top Sekrit project, and a Crazy Zauberball, that I think will become Pogona (I am so excited about that Zauberball, I've wanted to try one out for years).

I got back late last night, so I took today off of work.  I slept past 10 (I can't even remember the last time that happened!), so clearly not going to work was an excellent decision.  Today I'll photograph my summer freebie (more of a recipe than a pattern) and that will get uploaded to Ravelry this week (I apologize for the delays).  I should be able to have a couple more posts out for you guys this week (at least an FO post for Heartmate and a pattern post for the still-unnamed summer freebie), but I am still going to be swamped with community theatre stuff for the next two weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment